How can I edit a photo? How does the photo editor work? Add stickers?
You can edit a photo in many ways: enhance, crop, rotate, fix blemishes and red eyes, adjust color, add frames, add text, paste on stickers and more.
How can I crop a photo? See below.
To edit a photo
As of April 2020, dotphoto is working with PhotoPea, a powerful online photo editor.
- Sign into your dotPhoto account.
- Click on an album and then a photo.
- You will see the editing icon -- a pencil -- in the upper left. If you do not see the editing icon, you are signed in as a guest. (Guests cannot edit other people's photos.) If you are the owner of the photo and do not see the editing icon, you may have mis-typed your password: sign in again.
- Click on the editing icon
- If you see the PhotoPea logo, click on it once to get to the edit.
- On the editing screen, choose a tool in the editing menu on the left. For instance, to crop a photo, choose the cropping tool framed in red here:
- To complete the cropping, (1) click on the photo and drag the lower corner until you have selected the area to crop (2) confirm the cropping area by clicking on the check box (or choose the X to try again) and (3) choose File and Save in the upper left.
Both the original and cropped images are saved in your dotphoto account. The cropped image is saved as a new photo immediately after the original image.
Not sure which tool is right? Just try one! You can always undo what you try with either CTRL-Z or choosing the Edit and Undo from the menu at the top.