How can I will my photos on dotphoto to my heirs? How can I ensure that my photos are inherited?
We recommend two actions:
1. Add information about your dotphoto account to your will including your name, email address, physical address and dotphoto login. This will help your heirs find your account. If your account is still current, your heirs can present a death certificate and instructions from your will to gain access to your account.
2. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To dotphoto Administration:
I authorize dotphoto to share my photos with my heirs, and to contact my heirs in the event of my demise.
- ACCOUNT LOGIN:
- HEIR'S NAME:
- HEIR'S EMAIL:
- HEIR'S PHONE NUMBER:
3. Ensure that your email, phone number and address are correct in My Account: https://www.dotphoto.com/preferences.asp
This will enable dotphoto to contact you in the event that your account becomes dormant. Unlike other sites and social media, dotphoto never sells or shares your personal information: our business is simply to provide a straightforward photo service.
- dotphoto will add the information that you supply to your private record in the dotphoto administration section.
- In the event of your death, your heirs may supply a death certificate, and, if you have authorized them, gain access to your account.
- If your account becomes dormant, dotphoto may attempt to ascertain whether you are alive. If not, dotphoto may contact your heirs.
- The legal responsibility to claim your photos is with your heirs, which is why you may want to add information to your will. However, we at dotphoto will do our best to discover the disposition of dormant or abandoned accounts, and to convey your photos to your authorized representatives.
- In any event, standard storage fees will continue to apply.
dotPhoto FAQs: how to do almost anything at dotPhoto