What is side-loading, and how can I do it at dotphoto?
What is side-loading?
Side-loading is like uploading except that you're loading a photo from the Internet (sideways from dotphoto) instead of uploading to dotphoto from your computer.
How can I side-load to dotphoto?
- Copy the Internet address of the image you want to side-load.
- Paste it into the address line of the dotphoto upload tool.
- Tap the green Start Upload button.
Here's an illustrated procedure:
1. Copy the Internet address of the image you want to side-load.
Let's say you're on fotella.com, and you find an intriguing picture in your area that you want to make into a meme using dotphoto's Meme-maker, or a photo that will help to illustrate your photo book. Right click on the photo, and choose "Copy image address":
2. Paste it into the address line of the dotphoto upload tool.
Enter the album where you want to store the image, tap the Upload button on the left, then the Add Files button. Paste the image address that you just copied into the File name field. (You can usually paste with Ctrl-V or right-click / paste.) Tap the Open button.
3. Tap the green Start Upload button.
The photo will appear shortly in your dotphoto album.dotPhoto FAQs: how to do almost anything at dotPhoto