How are pro photographer commissions calculated?
Custom Pricing enables you to earn monthly commission checks. Sell your photos at your prices to online customers via your dotPhoto account.
Your commission is calculated as:
- Your Custom Price
- Less Credit card fee: 3% of total purchase price
- Less dotPhoto item price
- Your Commission is 85% Share of Net
For example, let's say that you're selling a 4x6 for $4.98 and that the current price for 4x6s is 9 cents. The credit card fee for the transaction is 3% or 15 cents. You would earn $4.04 on that sale.
- dotPhoto processes all direct deposit and check payments monthly at the end of the current month when commissions due have reached a minimum of $20. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive payment. A $2 processing fee is assessed for specially requested payments of less than $20.
- The effective date for which commissions become payable is 30 days from the date of order shipment; payments are held for 30 days after initial shipment to clear returns and refunds. Your account may note, "Guest orders pending": this means that you have orders that have not yet reached the effective date. Commissions on pending orders will be paid in the next payment cycle.
- You must enter your correct and complete mailing address under MyAccount or dotPhoto will be unable to send you checks
- Only guests will see and be charged the prices set in Custom Pricing. (You or anyone you authorize to use your Master Password will see the dotPhoto standard pricing)
- To set prices quickly, click Set Suggested Prices
- To turn off this feature, click Set to No Markup