dotPhoto Pros: How do I get paid by dotPhoto?
Tax reporting considerations
- Customers in other countries can sell through dotPhoto, but must accept payments through PayPal.
- Tax IDs are not required for payments made through PayPal because PayPal tracks and reports payments.
- Tax IDs ARE required when paid by check.
You may also be paid by check. As of October 2019, there is no extra fee for check printing and mailing.
Establishing your Tax ID - Only required for non-PayPal payments
- In the main menu on the left, tap on Sell.
- Click on Pay Me!
- Scroll down and enter your payment information and your company's Tax ID or your personal social security number. The federal government requires that dotPhoto record that information so that, if we pay you more than a certain amount that the government sets every year, dotPhoto can issue you a form 1099. As of 2018, the threshold amount for a 1099 was $600 annually.
Payments for sales made prior to April 2013
dotPhoto was sold in an asset transaction in April 2013. The previous owners -- MyPhotoAlbum.com -- maintained the liability for any sales made prior to that date.